The purpose of the SY&B Primary Care Workforce Group is to scope and drive the development of the primary care workforce in order to ensure it is fit to deliver high quality, modern healthcare across the whole of the region.
The group will determine the key priorities that will develop and support the workforce and delivery of Primary Care in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw and seek potential solutions that are practical for local contexts. This will require that key primary care stakeholders are engaged and influential in the work streams and outcomes defined by the group.
In determining priorities the group will consider:-
- the development of emerging primary care models and skill mix in primary care
- recruitment and retention and local workforce issues
- the effect of workforce issues on health inequalities
- investment in education
- workforce planning and career progression
- anticipated impact and benefits to patients.